We are pleased to announce that on 25th January Moneyfarm successfully completed a £44 million Private Placement by M&G plc (MNG LN) making an initial investment and Poste Italiane (PST IM) which increased its investment. STJ and Vitale acted as joint advisors to Moneyfarm during the fund-raising process.
Moneyfarm is a leading digital investment specialist offering investment and pension solutions to customers in the UK and Italy. With over 80,000 customers and over £2 billion AUM, Moneyfarm offers customers good-to-go portfolios built for varying levels of risk.
STJ advised on all aspects of the transaction from an early stage:
- Equity Story preparation used in initial engagement with banks and investors.
- Bank selection process: STJ approached several international banks and placement agents with a Request for Proposal leading to the appointment of Barclays as placement agent and PWP as transaction advisor and introducer of investors.
- Managing of marketing process and the activities of the banks: STJ coordinated the marketing activities of Barclays and PWP, creating an investor map for the private placement and allocating calling responsibilities between both to achieve the broadest education of investors.
- Investor outreach: Over 300 investors were contacted throughout the process. Of these, 54 investors met with the Company and 25 carried out in depth Due Diligence. More than 15 investors progressed to the final round with non-binding offers from 10 investors.
- Selection of the preferred bidder(s) and negotiation of the terms: STJ advised the Company in preparing materials and proof points during valuation discussions with potential investors, advised the Company on the selection of the preferred bidder and on the negotiations of the key terms.
STJ’s value add in the transaction included:
- Thorough and tailored marketing process covering c. 300 investors
- Introductions to multiple potential banks and placement agents
- Maintained competitive tension throughout the private placement process among strategic and financial investors
- Facilitated the process for negotiations and closing of the transaction within the desired timetable and with optimal valuation terms meeting management and shareholder’s objectives
STJ Advisors has advised on over 140 transactions raising over €70 billion. Our unmatched track record is built on extensive capital markets experience and process optimisation techniques, unique Strategic Research Advisory capabilities, data-driven approach to investor mapping including the proprietary Atlas database, deep network of relationships and deal flow visibility and sourcing capabilities